Contact Us Now to Schedule Your Free Confidential Consultation

A “Motion for Joinder” is a request made to the court to have a third party become involved in a family law case. One of the most common reasons the court orders a joinder is when one or both of the parties in a divorce have a pension or other type of employment benefit plan. A joinder may also be necessary in divorces that involve property rights or children when a third party has or may have an interest.

Representing Third Parties

On matters relating to children, a Motion for Joinder in a divorce would be necessary if the child is living with grandparents, as they would need to be a part of the marital dissolution case. It may also be a necessary component to a domestic partnership or same-sex marriage dissolution.

Property Division

Motion for Joinder are also commonly requested if the spouses in a divorce own real estate with other parties. Those parties can be ordered by the court to sign documents that will transfer the title as indicated by the court when dividing the property.  To ensure that you receive a favorable settlement or judgment, you should speak with one of our family law lawyers and let them examine the specifics of your case and discuss your options. At Fair Cadora, we go above and beyond for our clients and are standing by ready to assist you.

Contact Fair Cadora Today

We Offer a Free Confidential Consultation to Discuss Your Case

Call Us at 619-255-8500
Request A Free Consultation to get started.

Our Awards & Associations


Best Divorce Lawyers in El Cajon

Get the expertise and dedication your case deserves.

Call our San Diego divorce lawyers at 619-255-8500 and request a free consultation.

The information on this website is an advertisement and for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be considered as a guarantee or legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship nor does the receipt of or viewing of the contents herein constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you require legal advice, please contact a competent attorney within your jurisdiction.