Fair Cadora Family Law Image Request A Consultation

San Diego’s Most Trusted Divorce and Family Law Firm

Enforcement of Orders

Enforcement of Orders

While it would be ideal that everyone would obey the orders of the court, this is often not the case. In family law, we often find that opposing parties are resistant to following through with the court’s orders regarding child support, visitation, custody terms, and various other decisions ordered by the court.

At Fair Cadora, we understand how frustrating a violation of court orders can be and are here to help. Our attorneys have over twenty years of experience in family law and are not afraid to go the distance for our clients. We won’t stand by and allow court-ordered demands to be neglected.

What Happens If You Violate a Court Order?

Enforcing the orders made by the court is crucial to ensuring your rights are protected.  Enforcement can range from wage garnishments, levies, liens, forced sales of property to judicial determinations and contempt.  In the event that a contempt action is filed, the penalties can range from fines to jail time and can have long term consequences.  If a party decides to ignore a court order, a contempt action might be required to remedy the situation.

You can be held in contempt if you:

  • Refuse to pay court ordered support
  • Ignore child custody or visitation orders
  • Violate a condition in your final divorce decree or other order

Here at Fair Cadora, we understand that personal circumstances can change at any given moment. Rather than filing a contempt action immediately, we believe it is sometimes more effective to reach out to the other party to try and remedy the situation outside of court and save you time and money. Our lawyers are here to empower you with the knowledge necessary to make informed decisions regarding your specific case.

Request Consultation

Put your case in our expert hands and get started now.

"*" indicates required fields


Request Case Evaluation

Fair Cadora Family Law Image Request A Consultation

At Fair Cadora, we understand that family law cases can be overwhelming and stressful. The attorney you choose can make or break your case. That’s why we offer case evaluations to all potential clients. We want you to have the chance to connect with us and gain your trust, without added pressure. During a case evaluation, we will review the details of your case and provide you with an honest assessment of your legal options. This allows our clients to make informed decisions about their case. We believe that offering case evaluations is an essential part of our commitment to providing high-quality legal representation to the San Diego community.