Contact Us Now to Schedule Your Free Confidential Consultation

In many areas of the law, when a judgment is entered, it usually signals the end of a case and any ability to change what the court orders. However, family law cases are different because modifications to particular orders made by the court are often available. Typically the types of orders that can be modified after judgment is entered include child support, child custody and visitation, and spousal support orders. The facts of the case will determine what legal standard a party needs to meet in order to be granted a modification of these types of orders.

When Are Modifications Necessary?

One of our knowledgeable and experienced family law attorneys can advise you if you feel a modification of orders is warranted. Often, demonstrating a significant change in circumstances is necessary to obtain a modification from the court. 

For example, the basis for a change in a child custody order could include any of the following:

  • A parent has changed residences and lives closer to the child

  • The child’s best interests are not being met due to a parent’s neglect

  • A change in work schedules for either parent

  • A change in employement

Contact Fair Cadora Today

We Offer a Free Confidential Consultation to Discuss Your Case

Call Us at 619-255-8500
Request A Free Consultation to get started.

Our Awards & Associations


Best Divorce Lawyers in El Cajon

Get the expertise and dedication your case deserves.

Call our San Diego divorce lawyers at 619-255-8500 and request a free consultation.

The information on this website is an advertisement and for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be considered as a guarantee or legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship nor does the receipt of or viewing of the contents herein constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you require legal advice, please contact a competent attorney within your jurisdiction.